FIFA over turns Cuthbert Dube coup

The World Football governing body FIFA has reinstated suspended ZIFA boss Cuthbert Dube. FIFA said Dube’s suspension on Saturday violated several clauses within the constitution.

\n

Dube

\n

FIFA’s Deputy Secretary-General Markus Kattner on Monday wrote to Dube re-assuring him that he is still boss. He said there had been a breach of the ZIFA constitution because the councillors’ meeting was held outside the constitutional rules and such crucial gatherings should be convened in this way.

\n

He said in writing, “…..according to article 28 of the [ZIFA] Constitution, the executive committee of ZIFA has to convene an extraordinary congress within three months if one third of the members asks for it. Since the request was made on 16 March 2015, the three months time-lapse has not been completed yet, the deadline being 16 June 2015. In addition, the extraordinary congress should have been convened by the secretary-general and chaired by the President, which was not the case,” reads the FIFA letter.

\n

Kattner said FIFA’s position regarding the meeting is that it is null and void.

\n

“The conditions set in the ZIFA constitution have therefore not been met and the alleged extraordinary congress is thus considered null and void. We remind you that, pursuant to art. 17 par. 3 of the FIFA statutes, any Member’s bodies that have not been elected or appointed by the Member shall not be recognised by FIFA.

\n

Furthermore, art. 17 par. 4 of the FIFA Statutes underlies that decisions passed by bodies that have not been elected or appointed by the Member Association shall not be recognised by FIFA,” said Kattner.

\n

He continued, “We have taken note of the different events which led to the current situation and we understand the ZIFA councillors apparently made of 29 ZIFA members, have mischaracterised the opinion of our representative during his recent mission who clearly stated that the process should be guided by the ZIFA constitution,” he said.