Tocky Vibes walked away with the Music Artist of the Year, Hit Song of the Year with his track, “Mhai” and Music Video of the Year awards.
Tocky Vibes, who reportedly caused a stir at his maiden show in the United Kingdom, now has five awards in just two months.
Duo, Mudiwa Mtandwa and Nox Nguni were voted in the best Music Collabo of the Year category with their hit song ‘Shinga’.
Mudiwa said he was happy with the award as it will go a long way in developing his career
“This is the 12th award in my career and I am happy to work with Nox as he is such a talented artiste. I thank God and we dedicate this award to our fans,” Mudiwa said.
Contemporary musician Jah Prayzah walked away with the Best Music Album Release of the Year for “Kumbumura Mhute” while pint sized gospel musician Mathias Mhere and King Shady scooped the Music Remix Track of the Year with the song, “NdiSahwira Wako Here?”.
It was glitz and glamour at the award ceremony which is now in its third edition as socialites, celebrities and musicians thronged the venue smartly dressed.
Speaking at the sidelines of the event Spencer Madziya of Sphinx said all went according to plan.
“I am happy that it went on well with all expected guests in attendance. Next year it would be bigger and better and I thank all the cooperate sponsors and decor company which made the room more exciting and good for the awards ceremony,” he said.
The fact that the event started late could not dampen the mood of the crowd that enjoyed every act by the performers such as Sniper Storm and Arnold Gara.
Master of ceremonies Tavonga Mafundikwa affectionately known as TK and Bruce Kanengoni also known as Big Dollar sailed well during their presentation, although some criticised TK’s dressing which they felt was not up to the occasion.
According to the invites, stated ‘Dress Smartly’, TK was in his oversized jeans, bob-ashanti hat and a red t-shirt which went against the stated dress code.
Guests, celebrities, fashionistas and socialites were treated to some royalty as they first posed for the camera at the red carpet before live interviews.
Some of the local winners who were present were later treated to an after party with musicians like Roki, Willom Tight, Cindy, Claire, Maskiri, Diana Samkange, Stunner, CST and Royal Bee among others. The awards honoured musicians, socialites and celebrities both locally and in UK who have excelled in their line of duty, bringing relevance to the community.
The prestigious ceremony was held in London while the Harare version was only the presentation.
Below is the winners list:
1. Listener tag line of the year – 8 Acres Dzedzungu Fortunate Chinyama.
2. Social Media Contributor of the year – David Kurauone Zinyemba.
3. Cyber Dancer of the year – Jane Ndhlovu.
4. Birthday Celebration of year – Kupa Mwariwangepo.
5. Radio Presenter of the year – Lady Carol.
6. Radio Show of the year – Breakfast with Wasu.
7. Presenter Catch Phrase of the year – EHEKA-YEBO -YES -DJ COLZ.
8. Music Artist of the year – Tocky Vibes.
9. Music single release of the year – Zvandadiwa – Mudiwa feat Nox.
10. Music Album release of the year – Jah Prayzah – Kumbumura Mhute
11. Music Video Release of the year – Mhai by Tocky Vibes.
12. Music remixtrack of the year – Sahwira Wako Here- King Shady and Mathias Mhere.
13. Music Collabo of the Year – Nox/Mudiwa – Shinga.
14.Music event promoter of the year – Chipaz Promotions.
15. Music event of the year – Seh Calaz/Jah Love Sting 2014.
16. Hit Song of the year – Mhai by Tocky Vibes.
17. Supporting organisation of the year – Bodyslam Records.
18. Community Icon of the year – Mike Tashaya.
19. Station Honor Award – Evangelist P Chiweshe, Portia Gwanzura -Senzeni Murawu – Ashleigh Makora and Praxedes Jeremiah.