Sanganai/ Hlanganani moved to June

Givemore Chidzidzi

Givemore Chidzidzi

\n

THE Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) has moved the Sanganai/ Hlanganani World Travel Expo to June from the traditional October.

\n

The Expo is now scheduled for June 18 to June 20 2014 at the Harare International Conference Centre (HICC).

\n

ZTA says the changes were occasioned by recommendations from the international buyers.

\n

It is believed that hosting of the Expo in the second quarter will be more productive as it will give buyers enough time for planning and packaging Zimbabwe.

\n

ZTA acting chief executive Mr Givemore Chidzidzi said: “The repositioning done last year also sought to address a lot of things which had to do with our way of organising and hosting of Sanganai/Hlanganani.

\n

“These included, buyer-exhibitor selection criteria, downsizing of space occupied by exhibitors focusing on quality of exhibitors and buyers, use of online meeting booking system for buyers and exhibitors. Feedback received in 2014 was very positive, with both buyers and exhibitors expressing satisfaction with the quality of meetings they held.”

\n

Registration of buyers and exhibitors at this year’s fair is already in progress although there is still some inefficiency with the online appointment system, which was introduced last year.

\n