NIGERIAN superstar David “Davido” Adeleke, who had gained notoriety after several promised shows in the country failed to materialise, has apologised to his Zimbabwean fans for his bad boy conduct amid renewed efforts to stage a show in Harare.
BY WINSTONE ANTONIO
Davido — who said he was now finally coming to Harare after penning a deal with businessman and socialite Genius “Ginimbi” Kadungure — assured his fans that he will stage his debut Zimbabwe show at the Harare International Conference Centre (HICC) on April 21.
NewsDay Life & Style understands that Ginimbi has partnered 2 Kings Entertainment for the Davido 30 Billion Concert set to be hosted by South African socialite Boity Thulo and will also feature Jah Prayzah, ExQ and Killer T.
In a video clip doing the rounds on social media, Davido said he experienced some problems that curtailed his efforts to come to Zimbabwe, but promised fireworks during his forthcoming show.
“It’s your boy Davido. I will be coming back to Zimbabwe for real this time. I wanna apologise to all my fans that have been waiting for me there. There has just been a little bit of some problems, but I will be live in Harare on the 21st of April live at the HICC. My brother Ginimbi is bringing me down. It’s gonna be crazy,” he said.
The American-born Naija music star was initially scheduled to perform in the country five months ago, but he cancelled the concert at the 11th hour, amid reports that he had been picked up by the police in connection with the double-murder of his close friends Tagbo Umeike and DJ Olu.
Davido was billed to perform at the launch of Prayzah’s Kutonga Kwaro album, which carried their collabo, My Lilly.
Ginimbi confirmed the developments and said processing of the paperwork was in progress.
“We are happy that the process of sorting the papers with the relevant authorities is at an advanced stage and will soon be finalising negotiations with local artistes, who are going to be the supporting acts,” he said.